As I sit here typing, Genevieve has the hiccups. It's very cute and makes up somewhat for when she feels the need to go spread-eagled inside of me. I have officially reached the "ok, I'm done now" stage of pregnancy. I should be savoring these last few weeks of what will (in all likely-hood) be my last pregnancy; enjoying the little flutters of movement, etc. Having trouble getting out of bed, bending over, breathing, sitting, standing, talking, thinking and sleeping makes savoring anything other than ice cream, nutella crepes and hot baths difficult. Even Evan knows I am humongous now (it helps that I say it about once a day). Thankfully there are only 4 weeks to go until the c-section. I say 4 weeks because 1 month sounds much longer and harder to make it through; leave me my delusions.
Genevieve is getting tired of her accommodations as well. I have been having contractions about once an hour for the last few days and she would rather I wasn't; she kicks when they start and then squirms and wriggles when they end. She has picked one spot under my right ribs (boob actually, I think she can kick those if she really concentrated) to attempt an escape from and it is by far the sorest spot in my tummy. She has also found my left sciatic nerve or something and has fun compressing it and making my left butt cheek hurt for no good reason. I know she is head down (she has been for a few weeks now and shown no interest in moving) and I have a great image of her dinking around with whatever she can reach and seeing what happens. There is a fair amount of engineer blood in her and it's what I would do if I was stuck in a small, dark room for months.
I start the second blood thinner next week. I have been on Lovenox for the rest of the pregnancy and will go back to it for 6 weeks after Genevieve joins the air-breathing humans, but for the few weeks ... ugh, contraction, why does this have to affect breathing... phew, ok, for the few weeks leading up to her delivery I will go on Heparin. Extra special bonus: 2 injections per day!!. My doctor told me the switch is because there is an antidote for Heparin, but not Lovenox, so IF she comes unexpectedly they can flush the blood thinner out of my system. As it is, I won't take any Heparin for 24 hours before the c-section and I am supposed to stop taking it if I think I might be going into labor. Great mental image: "Love, I am having contractions 7 minutes apart, but you know, I think I'll just poke a needle into my belly for fun while these are going on."
No picture of my beached whale self for you this time, but I may try and capture the gihugicness of my self sometime this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment