Saturday, April 23, 2011

30 weeks

Genevieve has officially decided that she would like roomier accommodations. She becomes especially pushy when I try and lean forward while sitting at a table. Her feet seem to be consistently on my right side, just under my ribs. She has gotten strong enough that some of the kicks elicit an "ow!", not just a "hey, she's awake." I am still feeling healthy although I have almost given up entirely on wearing pants. I am not going bottomless (that would be silly and still rather chilly at this time of year), just opting for leggings, yoga pants, skirts and dresses more often. I do seem to be waddling more though and any speed above a walk is difficult at best.

Evan still seems excited about his sister's arrival. He talks about showing her how to do the things he's learned, holding her at the hospital and going places with her. He even reminded me the other day that the cake I am making this weekend is for 4, not 3 of us ("and also Genevieve, mom"). He regularly gives my belly a kiss and hug for his sister although he doesn't really have the patience to sit and feel her kick yet (I am working on this :). I feel bad sometimes for taking away his "only-child"ness, but I think having a sibling will eventually make up for it (fingers, toes and other appendages crossed).

We will soon be redecorating all 3 bedrooms at Evan's end of the house so Genevieve will have a freshly painted room to enjoy once she moves in there. We are planning on having her in our room for a while, but her clothes will have a nice view to look at. I will post some pictures of it once the work is done and we have everything in place.

3 comments:

Ciara said...

I just got all up to date on your pregnancy. I hope to see the little beauty in July for sure! How great to have another second cousin on the way.

Can I tell you how happy you are looking? I know it's just the belly shots that I am seeing, but you glow as a mother to be should.

I've started calling her Evie in my mind, so if you hate that nickname tell me know or it will stick. Genevieve just seems so big for someone so small... however, I will bow to mother's decree about nicknames. You get the final say. :)

Nym said...

I like Evie too; Chris, however, is not a fan. I may have to work on this.

Ciara said...

Do you think he will warm up to it? or should I wait before I really take to it...

I'm sure your powers of persuasion are second to none!

Post a Comment