Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fingers Crossed

Due date is June 22. Silly pregnancy tests, always surprising you. Saturday morning I tested since I knew I was going to party that night and that my period was due. I let the test sit, saw only one line (not pregnant) and figured I had a free pass to party and we would try again next month. When we returned home that night I, on a whim, decided to check that test again. Two lines. Wha-hubba? The "you are pregnant" two lines? That wasn't there this morning... Well I tested again the following morning, called my doctor on Monday and got a blood test and lo, I am pregnant. WOO HOO!

I started blood thinners today, so that means one injection a day for the foreseeable future. I have my very own sharps collector :D. Thankfully I am not afraid of needles in the least, especially not ones that are smaller and less offensive than a cholla bush. I will have to more blood tests to check my progesterone levels this week just to make sure everything is progressing normally. They are being a little more cautious/proactive with this pregnancy since I had a miscarriage last time. Last time I wasn't supposed to start on the Lovenox (blood thinner) until week 12, but Dr. Haines decided it was a good idea to just have me start right away this time.

Fingers crossed everything goes well this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment